Friday, August 22, 2008

Finding a group to work with

Gosh, I never thought it would be so challenging to find someone to become a significant beneficiary of the funds I hope to raise. I've been looking for a local group or a national group or, well, SOMEONE who is doing the work I want to support. The work, that is, of helping educate people about the early warning signs for ovarian cancer.

Well, I have not been able to find any existing group here who is doing this work. I've heard of a couple of national organizations but I've had a hard time getting in touch with them. However, it looks like I'm finding some light.

I can't speak about the details yet because I need to be clear with the organization I want to work with before I can say that I am connected to them. They need to check me out and I'm not done checking them out. I DO intend to raise a bunch of money, and I want to be sure that I'm raising it for a good cause.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that things are going to work out. I might even know something in the next few days. Good thing, because it is my intention to mail out fund-raising letters by the end of August. And it's the 22nd today. Time is speeding by.

Stay tuned, all of you who are out there holding your breath, wondering, I'm SURE (not) if I've hooked up with a fundraising recipient yet.

Just like Obama's running mate, I know who it is but I'm not at liberty to divulge the information yet.

No comments: