Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The San Diego reception



oh boy. I'm whipped. Dawn Edwards, my Women Chefs and Restaurateurs colleague (and fellow board member) organized a mixer/reception tonight for me and the bike ride. The Mayor of San Diego sent his chief of protocol to read a Proclamation declaring today Ovarian Cancer National Alliance and Women Chefs and Restaurateurs day in San Diego. (My name made it to the proclamation too.)

Wild times. I met more ovarian cancer survivors, friends of women who did NOT survive, adn other inspiring women. I'll be on San Diego television tonight, talking about the ride. (I asked the camera man to pass the word that I want to tell Ellen DeGeneres about this ride...One of these days my pesterings will turn into me actually getting on her show.

I got my bike, rode it, and had a fine time today. Still can't believe that I'll be getting on it for real day after tomorrow. Unbelievable.

In other news - I ate one fish taco today and tomorrow will go to the place that has, I'm told, the BEST. It's a tough job, but someone has to be the taster. I'm stuffed on cutie pie pastries from St. Tropez bakery and bistro. De-LISH! You should come here if you come to San Diego.

This is an amazing thing, this ride. I continue to feel humbled and stunned. Big stuff.

And now I'm going to bed.

Laurey

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hi Laurey!

We already have seen a few photos from the event. How awesome! Everyone here at the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance is excited for you and we'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

-Lindsey