Friday, April 10, 2009

Silsbee, Texas

Well, there is  no wireless internet connection here that I can find and the ethernet cable does not connect to my computer, at least in any way I can figure out.  So my roommate has loaned me her Apple and I'm going to write a note to you on it - but that means no pictures.  It was a kind of a slow photo day anyway.  I'd taken a picture of some Texas things but nothing dramatic or so compelling that I feel horrible about not being able to show them to you.

And, considering the drama of yesterday, it was kind of an uneventful day today all around, which, frankly, was just fine with me, thank you very much.  I woke up stiff and aching and bruised and if I'd been home I might have just said, "how 'bout we take it EASY today" but I'm not home and taking it easy, by laying around, is not an option.  We have a mobile life here and if I didn't ride I'd still have to pack, ride - in a van - unpack.  Riding seemed the better option.

And riding was fine.  63 miles.  Easy.  Flat or really easy rises and falls.  1 degree climbs. Compared the the 18 degree combs of our recent days, today might as well have been flat.

Fine by me. Just fine.

So it's not really a "rest day" but I'm resting, doing my laundry, mailing things back home, things like my heavy fleece and my down jacket.  It's in the 80s here and I think I'm done with those extra warm layers.

And it is early enough that a nap is an option and that sounds pretty good to me.

Cheers to you all.  And thank you for your notes.  I really am fine.

Oh - we rode by a small church today with one of those changeable signs out front.  It said, "Never pass up an opportunity to say I love you."  Nice, yes?  Keep that in mind.  Life is a fragile and important thing.  Don't forget.

No comments: